Sunday, October 3, 2010

work....

I have been here almost a month now. Its not without its challenges but man do I love being here! Both being around my friends and helping them with theit ministry, but there is not greater thrill than knowing you are smack dab in the center of God's plan for your life!!!
That being said it has been eye opening here. I do not think I could fully explain what it is like in the shelters where the homeless are and in the nursing homes where the older people are. There is such a hopelessness in both places.
I am reminded time and time again that God has a plan and purpose for them as much as for me.
There is one man who has gotten saved that makes me smile everytime I see him. He has changed outwardly so much! He comes to church with a smile on his face and the nicest clothes he has! ( he is homeless). I am sure God just grins ear to ear when he sees him!!
I am happy to be in a place where I can help the missionaries so much. I am willing to do anything they need me to do. Life is good and I know this is only the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment