Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The one

Something I have always said and been "proud" to promote when I go on missions trips is that "if God sends me halfway around the world for one person, I will go and it is worth it."
I love saying that, lately God has been asking of me, "do you believe that?". Do I believe that God loves the one person so much that out of a multitude, He will go after the one. The parable of the Shepherd with 99 sheep, leaving them to go after the one that is lost. Gods love for people is so much more than we can ever fully grasp, but I want to for myself keep seeking His heart, where I don't see the multitude as much as I see the one. No matter where they are or, who, or how dirty or worldly they are. Just a compassion for those lost without God. We are designed to be loved, and we look for it and aim for love, the world tries to corrupt what love is and means. But we are designed to be drawn to God and His unconditional love!!

I have heard a story of a man that God used a penny on the ground to remind him of the lost ones. Every time he sees a penny no matter how mangled or gross it can be, he picks it up to always remember the ones God is waiting for. Such a small thing, to see a penny on the ground while walking into a store, how many times do we step over it thinking " its only a penny, it doesn't matter,". When need to put EVERYONE in to the place of importance to God, yes He can and has sent people all over the world for one person. He has moved mountains to reach the one! He has appeared to people in the middle east, telling them where to go to meet someone that will tell them about Jesus. Oh how He loves them so!!

Being  in a place here where I see everyday a people that are looked over for the color of their skin, or their past. I am constantly reminded of the lost. The matter to Him so much. I cannot imagine how He feels without them. Created to be with Him, and yet.............
My heart is to always in all ways follow God, to seek after His heart. To see how He sees. To love how He loves. Oh He loves us so!
May we never be so wrapped up in our lives that we step over the one "penny".

No comments:

Post a Comment